A soft boiled egg takes us in flashbacks of those days when in the morning you took the soft boiled egg in the breakfast and got enjoy a slice of toast dipping it into the egg yolk. Most of the people take the soft boiled eggs in breakfast at all-time but sometimes people use it to eat at lunch. But let me tell you first what does it mean by a soft boiled egg? A soft boiled egg means you cooked an egg with its shell for a few minutes. The egg has been boiled when its white part is set softly but its yellow part is still liquid.
Here you can get a simple recipe on making how to soft boil an egg for breakfast or lunch? My mother taught me this half boiled egg recipe when I was seven. It is easy to get them which makes your morning cheerful. Just follow the instructions step by step. Before I speak how to soft boil an egg? I will mention some important things which I think you have to need to know about them first.
Is it safe to eat a soft boiled egg?
A bacteria called Salmonella is present in poultry and eggs. It makes the cause of food poisoning. We can kill it easily through our normal cooking but in the soft boiled egg, it considered undercooked because of runny yolk which means that there is a risk. According to USDA states, the runny yolk will suffer you in food poisoning especially it is harmful to the children. However, half soft boiled eggs are healthy for us because they are a big source of nutrition in our diet. So you should cook the eggs reasonably.
Benefits of eating eggs:
Eggs are considered a superfood. They are full of inexpensive nutritious and also provide us high-quality proteins. More than half protein is found in the white part of an egg and other lower part of the protein is found in the yellow part of an egg. We can say that the eggs are the most nutritious food on earth. Some benefits of eating eggs are:
- A single large boiled egg contains 6% of Vitamin A, 5% of Folate, 22% of selenium, 7% of Vitamin B5, 15% Vitamin B2, 9% of Vitamin B12 and 9% Phosphorus. it also provides us an amount of vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B6, calcium and zinc.
- Comes with 77 calories, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fats that are most important for health.
- Rich in cholesterol.
- Raise high-density lipoprotein
- Excellent source of choline which are producing signaling molecules in the brain and also deals with other functions.
- It controls high levels of LDL and reduces the risk of heart disease.
How much time do you cook a soft boil egg? Can you use soft boiled eggs on the next day? How many days you can store them in refrigerate?
People can cook all foods even they cooked complicated recipes but in real they get a real talent when they learn what to do the eggs in a perfect manner. Half soft boiled egg is full of nutrition. The perfect boiling time for a soft boiled egg is 4-5 minutes. It is best if you make use of soft boiled egg on the same day but if you want to store them in refrigerate then keep them with its shell and make sure that you have to be used them within 3-4 days.
Directions you have to need to remember:
- Use the best quality eggs.
- Choose the same size eggs.
- Add a small pinch of sea salt in boiling water. It will help to save your eggs from cracking.
Here is a method of making how to soft boil eggs?
This method is quick and easy so let’s see.
- A slotted spoon
- A colander
Things you need:
- Sea salt
- Salt (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- Step 1: Take a pot and cover it with cold water at least 2.5cm.
- Step 2: Place cold eggs in the pan and cover it with lid.
- Step 3: Bring water to boil over high heat maximum of 4-5 minutes.
- Step 4: Remove the pan from heat and keep the eggs under the cold water.
- Step 5: Place eggs in eggcups and season with salt and pepper. The soft boiled egg is ready to eat or serve.
How do you know to the soft boiled egg is ready to eat?
There is no big difference between a raw egg and a soft boiled egg both look same. That’s why there is difficulty to know about your egg is cooked or not. Some procedure helps you to know about your eggs.
- Turn off the heat after 4-5 minutes.
- Spin the egg on the counter.
- Hold the soft boiled egg up to the light.
Hope so. You liked this ultimate guide on how to soft boil an egg?