The prime rib roast is also known as a standing rib roast. It is considered one of the best meal at any special occasions such as Eid or Christmas and for your holidays. To make this delicious prime rib roast is not difficult at all. In this platform, you will find the easiest and very traditional method of how to cook prime rib roast step by step.
Before sharing this method, let’s see why this prime rib roast is perfect for a holiday?
What is prime rib roast?
One of the perfect meal for holiday is prime rib roast that makes your occasion more wonderful. It is the combination of butter, which melts in your mouth, with lots of herbs and spices. Means it is flavorful food for your get together with friends and family. It gets the guest’s intention on your efforts and you have to receive beautiful compliments from them. That is the best reward for you.
Is it healthy for you?
I’m sure you are aware of an old saying “you are what you eat” and mostly we also say health is wealth. With exercises and morning walk, it’s also important you are conscious about your diet. Most of the people just love to eat vegetarian food while some people like to eat red meat, burgers, and pizza. A lot of use of red meat is not healthy for your health. The reason is just a few cows are eating natural grass and free of antibiotics food which is harmful to health.
Health benefits of prime rib roast:
Like a lot of use of red meat is harmful to health but a small piece of beef has some benefits. There are some health benefits of the prime rib roast.
- It provides vitamin B12 that is important for DNA health duplication. It helps to decrease the risk of birth defects and also assist to protect us against heart disease and cancer.
- Every cell in the human body is required phosphorus to work normally. Phosphorus is critical for your energy creation and also help to maintain the chemical balance of your body.
- It serves 72 milligrams of cholesterol which is recommended 24 percent per day.
- A provider of vitamin B6 and zinc which is an essential mineral for the human immune system, their growth, development, skin health, brain function, and reproduction. Vitamin B6 contributes to oxygen circulation and you feel happy.
- We gain niacin from red meat that is important for energy creation and creates a connection between your cells and also a provider of protection from cancer.
How to cook prime rib roast?
Nothing is more truly beautiful and satisfying than a roasted prime rib if it is cooked perfectly. You will get compliments if it makes in the right way. Here are foolproof and the traditional method of how to cook prime rib roast?
For making a delicious prime rib roast you have to make sure to choose the right prime rib. If possible then you can choose a dry-aged cut of beef. It makes the meat more tender and flavorful.
Ingredients you have to need:
8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp cumin ground
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium size onions quartered
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 5 lb prime rib
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Large skillet or roasting pan
- Cutting board
- Aluminum foil
Step1: Remove the beef from the packet and keep it in room temperature for 1-2 hours.
Note: It is difficult to cook freeze meat so the very first thing keeps your beef in room temperature to make a perfect prime rib roast. Use paper towels to dry it completely.
Step 2: While the beef comes at room temperature until you preheat your oven to 450 F degrees for 30 minutes.
Step 3: Take a bowl and place the butter, chili, powder, cumin, rosemary, salt to taste, pepper to taste, thyme, and garlic in it. Combine them perfectly.
Step 4: With the help of spatula spread the butter mixture over the entire roast.
Step 5: Take a large skillet that will fit for your roast. Put the quartered onions, thyme, peeled garlic and spring rosemary in the large skillet. If you have not a large skillet no problem you can use a roasting pan.
Step 6: Put the butter mixed roast over the onions in the skillet.
Step 7: For the first 15 minutes, cook the roast at 450 F degrees later reduce the oven temperature at least 325 degrees.
Note: You will continue to cook the roast until thermometer reads 120 degrees.
Step 8: While it comes 120 F degrees remove it from the oven and shift the roast to a cutting board.
Step 9: Cover it with aluminum foil and rest it for 20 minutes.
Step 10: Cut into slice and serve prime rib roast with gravy over mashed potatoes.
How long to cook prime rib roast?
Cook one pound prime rib roast 15-20 minutes. One thing remember roast is continuing cooking when we remove it from the oven.