There are many chicken breast crock pot recipes. Boneless chicken breast crock pot recipes are very common among everyone because boneless chicken is liked by everyone and is nutritious too. Crockpot Shredded Chicken – a very easy and delicious Crockpot recipe for all-purpose shredded chicken! This chicken recipe is seasoned and slows cooked all day, then ready to use in any of your favorite dishes or you can also freeze it to use for later and can make many frozen chicken breast crock pot recipes from it! Out of all other recipes, I must say this simple, plain looking crockpot full of chicken is one of my absolute favorites. It’s one of those recipes that is very important to me .it’s enough to fulfill all of the mealtime madness Its tastes is just as good as a rotisserie chicken, My recipe calls for using about 3 pounds of chicken – for me, this is four large chicken breasts. It’s a time taking recipe like “set and forget” because its need to be cooked on low all day and shredded chicken is among healthy chicken breast crock pot recipes too.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken:
• First, take a 2-3 lb package of boneless skinless chicken breasts, and snuggle them into the bottom of your slow cooker
• Sprinkle some salt on the chicken breasts generously
• Cook Slowly Chicken Breast in Crockpot with Salt
• Now Grind some black pepper on adding it top of the chicken also:
• Then, you can add whatever things you like. I added fresh herbs because I like fresh herbs, like thyme. Sometimes I use this chicken for something Mexican themed like tacos or burritos, and I sprinkle the chicken with taco seasoning instead. You can really add anything you want, and estimate the amount from your eyes.
• Once you’ve decided that what you want to sprinkle, sprinkle those seasonings on chicken, put the lid on, and set the crock into the cooking unit.
How long to cook Chicken breast crockpot recipe:
I require about 3 hours on low. And it’s just enough for it, with one single layer, for the chicken to fully cook through to 165 degrees F. This time may vary slightly with different brands of slow cookers. The slow cooker which own is this 4-Quart Slow Cooker and costs $15! And this one performs a great job and works for our small family very well. If you have a different slow cooker, you can also use a thermometer to test out how long your slow cooker needs to reach the proper temperature, but three hours on low should also be close.
Crockpot lemon chicken breast:
It’s also among chicken breast crockpot recipes and is a very delicious one. For this recipe, you need the following Ingredients
1 red onion,6-8 Chicken Breasts, 1-1.5 lbs. baby potatoes, 1 lemon, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 2 Tbsp. honey, 4 cloves garlic, 1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, Sea salt, Pepper, Bunch thin green asparagus
• Peel the onion and slice it and add it to the bottom of the slow cooker in one layer.
• Add chicken breast on top in one layer.
• Wash baby potatoes and cut them into half and add to slow-cooker.
• In a small bowl mix juice and zest of1, lemon with olive oil, honey, thyme, sea salt, pepper, and finely chopped garlic and then pour these ingredients in the slow cooker.
• Put the lid on cooker and set for high 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours
• 15-20 minutes before the time is about to end set slow cooker to high and you have to add asparagus on top and put the lid back on it. The thicker the asparagus, the longer it will take to cook.
• Optional: you can also add 5 minutes before the time is over remove the chicken breast, place on a baking sheet and put under the broiler on hi for 3-5 minutes.
• Enjoy it!
Do you need liquid in a slow cooker?
If the chicken you are using is in a single layer adding liquid is not necessary. Each piece of chicken should be touching the slow cooker and that’s all you need. If you’re trying with multiple layers of chicken then you have to add liquid to cover all of it, but I don’t recommend this to you. Because then you will have to add liquid to cover the seasonings then it won’t stick to the chicken breast and can spoil the taste.